Immigration reform has been in the news a lot lately. People are tossing around ideas let me contribute some insights please.
These are my top ten thoughts on the matter
- When you look in the mirror if you don’t see a Native American looking back at you, then you too my friend are descended from immigrants and you are in effect an immigrant.
- Closing the borders is going to dry up that steady flow of resources you did not even know you had.
- Hire illegal immigrants to close the borders because who knows better all the ways to sneak back in.
- Service industry, get ready because when the borders close you are going to have to do all your sh** for yourself, by yourself. Or pay a living wage to have it done for a change.
- Wealthy folks and politician, sorry but you are just going to have to raise your own kids.
- All those low paying jobs that were too beneath the average American are feeding whole families in many home countries.
- In Brooklyn, you will no longer be able to find day laborers on the corners in the wee hours of the morning.
- Immigrants keeps the flavors in the melting pot refreshed, legal and illegal.
- Illegal immigrants are among the most law abiding because the penalty after time served is DEPORTATION.
- I can’t think of a #10 right now. “I can think of Number 10… As President Obama said, “It’s the right thing.” (Contributed by writingfrommerida)